[scribus-dev] GSoC 2011 idea

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Thu Jan 27 14:53:15 CET 2011

hi Николай Шафоростов,
> I know of a case when people switched to InDesign after almost a year of Scribus usage because Scribus lacks support for real tables (with automatic flow over several pages and other layouting stuff).
>
> So I propose this feature as an idea for GSoC 2011.

afaik, the table editor is scheduled and attributed to jain, the new
team member.
afaik, he is supposed to work on it in the first half of 2011...

> P.S. Also i would like to bring your attention to http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=8308 (memory usage optimizing patch).
> It took me some time to write it, and now it is discouraging that it still is not applied w/o any strong reason.

jean, could you please provide the test document / example Николай is
asking for?

and my opinion is the same as in march: if there are no serious reasons
for keeping the patch out of 1.5svn, can we just have it applied to the
trunk and get the users report the glitches they see?

ciao
a.l.e