[scribus-dev] Text Filter (script?) on import (get text)

Richard Foley richard.foley at rfi.net
Mon Dec 26 13:52:44 UTC 2011

First, well done for providing Scribus, the Open Source DTP application.
Looking good from my admittedly minimal exposure to the tool so far.
Compliments section complete, on to the problem:

When I use Scribus to "GetText", for a text frame, from a text file, I have the
option to apply text filters to the content.  This works fine, but only applies
paragraph styles.  It seems to me that it shouldn't be that difficult for a
scriptable application like Scribus to both apply paragraph styles AND
character styles, one after the other, as specified in the "Text Filters"
dialogue box.  However, the option to use character styles appears to be
unavailable at that point.

I guess another way to do this would be to write a perl or python script to
parse the XML, and call this manually after the import.  This strikes me as a
problem that many other people must have already solved, and I would appreciate
any helpful suggestions pointing to the correct fix.  I'm only a beginner with
Scribus, so forgive me if I'm missing the obvious way to do this.

Cheers.

--
Ciao

Richard Foley