[scribus-dev] Suggestion for new "Table" menu layout/content

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Mon Aug 8 19:13:18 UTC 2011

hi elvis

we have shortly discussed this topic on irc...

here, again, my own opinion... for the rest of the crew

> InDesign has a top-level "Table" menu. So the question is, do we want
> that as well, or should this be put in a sub-menu under "Item" ?

i, personally, hate the table menu entry!

why is it the only structure which deserves it's own entry?

... my theory says, that many years ago, microsoft added the table support to word and to make all the people aware of it, they created a table menu...

i'd prefer putting the tables command in the item menu and in the context menu...

ciao
a.l.e

p.s.: one day, we may discuss how to "clean up" a bit the item menu entries...