[scribus-dev] Suggestion for new "Table" menu layout/content

Elvis Stansvik elvstone at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 07:04:30 UTC 2011

Hi folks,

Just tossing this out here for discussion, not something I'm working
on this very minute. But it needs discussing.

Below is a suggestion for an initial table menu structure. I guess
this would be present in both a context menu, but also somewhere in
the main menus for greater discoverability.

InDesign has a top-level "Table" menu. So the question is, do we want
that as well, or should this be put in a sub-menu under "Item" ?

Please suggest what should be dropped/changed from this proposal.

Cheers,
Elvis

Table
  Insert
     Row(s)...
     Column(s)...
     Row(s) (*)
     Column(s) (*)
  ---
  Set Row Height(s)...
  Set Column Width(s)...
  ---
  Distribute Rows Evenly (***)
  Distribute Columns Evenly (****)
  ---
  Merge Cells (**)
  Split Cell(s) (*)
  --
  Adjust
     Table to Frame

These actions are active when a table item is selected or, as
indicated by the stars, when

(*) One or more cells is/are selected or when editing content of single cell.
(**) Two or more cells are selected.
(***) Area of cells spanning >1 row is selected.
(****) Area of cells spanning >1 column is selected.