[scribus-dev] Italian translation of Scribus

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Sat Aug 6 23:54:00 UTC 2011

On 08/06/2011 06:28 PM, Alessandro Levati wrote:
> Hello,
>
> as I promised, I have started the translation of the online help in
> Italian. Now I have noticed a problem in the UI translation: the English
> terms "Layer" and "Level" are currently translated with the same Italian
> term "Livello". I think that it's not a good idea, since it may be a
> source of confusion for users, and they should be translated differently.
> It seems that nobody is working on the UI Italian translation, so may I
> fix it myself? or is it too late for 1.4.0? I read the instructions,
> downloaded the source code and the needed tools, and I saw that I can do
> that, maybe in a few days. The only doubt I have is the svn branch I
> have to use: it is "Version135", is it correct?

Hi Alessandro,

Yes this is correct. The coming 1.4.0 is, as we would say, "in the 1.3.5
series".

Bravo for finding this translation issue. If you look at Help > About
Scribus, you can see that the official translator is Pier Luigi
Cinquantini, so maybe best to contact him about this problem. If he
doesn't respond, come back to the list.