[scribus-dev] GSoC Project CC Plugin for Scribus

Akila Wajirasena akila.wajirasena at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 16:16:03 CEST 2011

Hi,
I am a student from University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka.
I have participated Google Summer of Code as a student with Creative
Commons, last year.
I improved the creative commons OpenOffice plugin as my project.

I am going to participate for Google Summer of Code this year also,
with Creative Commons.
I thought a making a similar plugin as the OpenOffice plugin for CC[1].

The OpenOffice plugin has several features. Adding a visible CC license
notice (text and an image),
Adding license metadata and
Inserting CC licensed images from OpenClipArt Flickr Picasa and Wikimedia
Commons. in to OpenOffice documents (text and an image).
The same set of features can be applied to this plugin also.
We can omit adding metadata if it is  complex (I am expecting to add
metadata to PDF documents created by Scribus).

What I need to know is there any possibility to add these features through
the Scribus plugin API and maintain it
as a separate project. If this cannot be developed using a plugin what
should be the procedure to merge
the sources with Scribus.

[1] http://wiki.creativecommons.org/OpenOfficeOrg_Addin

--