[scribus-dev] Import Page Dialog

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Wed Sep 29 09:30:18 CEST 2010

hi dale,

> On the Page --> Import --> Import Page(s) dialog, could I suggest the
> following:
>
> 1. "Import Page(s) [   ] from 0" default entry/behavior as "Import
> Page(s) [ 1 ] from [ x ]" where the default is one and the from is the
> last page by default or blank(requires an entry).  Changes in the
> default entry [ 1 ] to something such as [ 3 ] would still require the
> user input as currently designed.  The second entry from [ x ] is
> either autofilled with the last page or left blank requiring user
> input as currently designed.

i just skimmed through the import pages dialog and got it to crash when really trying to import 2 pages.

indeed, it would be nice to be able to define which pages are to be imported. i see two ways there:
- a "complicated" dialog like in the page arrange window, where one could select the pages she wants to import
- a more pragmatic solution like in the print (and pdf export) dialog: just write a sequence of pages (1,3-5 for pages 1,3,4,5).

the label on the right should be renamed "of x" instead of "from x".

> 2. Create Page(s) default preferences option.  For example, setting
> the default prefernce to "at end" etc.
>
> In newspaper production, catalog, magazine, etc., pages are able to be
> completed by individual departments (sports, food, etc.) in single or
> multiple pages and then imported into a master document.  These small
> changes would increase the speed of the final draft layout.

imo, the default should be to import all pages if nothing is defined (like in the print dialog you print all if you don't specify a range).

did i understand correctly your concerns? what i wrote does makes sense to you?

ciao
a.l.e