[scribus-dev] OIF / text engine

Craig Bradney cbradney at zip.com.au
Tue Nov 30 23:46:20 CET 2010

On 11/30/10 11:32 PM, Pierre Marchand wrote:
> 2010/11/30 Rajeev J Sebastian <rajeev.sebastian at gmail.com>:
>> Obviosly the rendering with Lohit is wrong here.
>>
>> Raghu seems to be mostly correct rendering, however I can see some
>> issues with it as well. I can do that soon enough.
>>
>> Personally, I do not think it's wise to fix a rendering engine based
>> on some existing fonts. Rather it should be based on the standards
>> only.
> Yes, the idea is not exactly to fix ICU here :)
> Depending of the issues, it might come from ICU or the code
> interpreting ICU output. If it comes from own code, then it has to be
> fixed.
> I would be very interested by fonts that you would consider to render
> properly (even commercial ones).
>
> thanks for your interest

Importantly, provision of correct free fonts (or legal methods to obtain
proprietary ones), as well as sample unicode texts for use with them,
per language, with rendered samples in high enough resolution
screenshots is important for this work to produce the right results. If
you can provide them, please do.

thanks