[scribus-dev] OIF / text engine

Pierre Marchand pierremarc at oep-h.com
Tue Nov 30 23:32:28 CET 2010

2010/11/30 Rajeev J Sebastian <rajeev.sebastian at gmail.com>:
> Obviosly the rendering with Lohit is wrong here.
>
> Raghu seems to be mostly correct rendering, however I can see some
> issues with it as well. I can do that soon enough.
>
> Personally, I do not think it's wise to fix a rendering engine based
> on some existing fonts. Rather it should be based on the standards
> only.

Yes, the idea is not exactly to fix ICU here :)
Depending of the issues, it might come from ICU or the code
interpreting ICU output. If it comes from own code, then it has to be
fixed.
I would be very interested by fonts that you would consider to render
properly (even commercial ones).

thanks for your interest

> Regards
> Rajeev J Sebastian
>
> 2010/11/30 Pierre Marchand <pierremarc at oep-h.com>:
>> [...]
>>
>> Hindi
>>
>> The sample text is from
>> http://people.w3.org/rishida/scripts/samples/hindi.html
>>
>> It's done with OIF branch revision 16037
>>
>> Please comment
>>

>> --
>> Pierre Marchand
>> +32 484 184 435