[scribus-dev] Who is going to kill the style dialog ?

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Mon Nov 1 00:28:09 CET 2010

On 10/31/2010 07:22 PM, Christoph Schäfer wrote:
> First, I want to reiterate that the Style Manager in its current
> incarnation needs a rewrite. It's too big, the UI is unintuitive, and
> worst of all, it's full of bugs.
>
> One thing I like about the concept, though, is the separation of
> Paragraph and Character Styles, because this allows for some quite
> sophisticated use of styles and style hierarchies. On the other hand,
> Louis's remark that font size and line spacing are connected is without
> a doubt valid. We will have to see how to solve this, once the OIF work
> on the text engine has been finished.

The separations of various settings for Paragraph and Character styles
may make some sense, but since a Character style is a subset of a
Paragraph style, you should be able to see all these settings when you
work with a Paragraph style, rather than needing to jump between tabs in
the dialog. Maybe the answer might an expanded or unexpanded sort of layout.