[scribus-dev] a couple of enhancements

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Sat Jan 23 11:46:14 CET 2010

hi greg,

> I am wondering about the feasibility of a couple of enhancements that
> I see in other software:
>
> 1. Emacs has a case-insensitive search, combined with a
> case-sensitive replace. This is very useful. For example, lets say I
> want to replace 'right' to 'left' in multiple occurrences. Search
> will find right, Right, RIGHT, with prompting for replace, and if I
> reply 'y', it will replace with left, Left, and LEFT respectively.

iirc there is something more than a mockup for a new search and replace functionalities...
the gsoc project failed, but i think that there is an interest such a function.

i think it's worth to submit it as a feature requst to http://bugs.scribus.net

> 2. There are a number of apps in KDE and elsewhere that, when you
> want to save a file the first time, or use 'Save As', will bring up a
> dialog in which you can easily change the prefix leaving the
> suffix/extension intact. What you see in the dialog is that the
> prefix is highlighted, so if you type a new name, the '.sla' is
> unaffected. This is very convenient.

this feature is imho no important enough that it's worth to hack into the qt-standard "save as" dialog to implement it.

i will try to find out if the dialog already offer this option: if not i think you can safely post a feature request to QT itself for it!

have a nice weekend!
a.l.e