[scribus-dev] a couple of enhancements

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Wed Jan 13 18:15:46 CET 2010

I am wondering about the feasibility of a couple of enhancements that I
see in other software:

1. Emacs has a case-insensitive search, combined with a case-sensitive
replace. This is very useful. For example, lets say I want to replace
'right' to 'left' in multiple occurrences. Search will find right,
Right, RIGHT, with prompting for replace, and if I reply 'y', it will
replace with left, Left, and LEFT respectively.

2. There are a number of apps in KDE and elsewhere that, when you want
to save a file the first time, or use 'Save As', will bring up a dialog
in which you can easily change the prefix leaving the suffix/extension
intact. What you see in the dialog is that the prefix is highlighted, so
if you type a new name, the '.sla' is unaffected. This is very convenient.