[scribus-dev] visual update for 1.4

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Mon Dec 6 18:08:50 CET 2010

On 12/06/2010 11:55 AM, a.l.e wrote:

> i'm currently working with interaction designers and designers to get
> the UI of scribus right.

> finally, there are already books out in the wild which target 1.3.8 with
> the idea that they will cover 1.4... not sure if it's a good idea to
> make big changes to the Scribus UI after the beta status has been launched.
> and the 1.4 online documentation has already been mostly (i hope) done:
> do they really need to redo all screenshots?

I don't know we need to be 'right', just better will do, and better can
lead to better than that.

I think that the 1.4 documentation has been considerably improved, but
we still have some serious challenges about more than just screenshots.
The screenshots are almost a minor issue, since some of the text remains
seriously misleading or just wrong.