[scribus-dev] visual update for 1.4

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Fri Dec 3 11:46:32 CET 2010

hi

at the last lgm we talked to a guy from tango and he was interested in
working on the scribus icons. (i won't name him here, because i don't
know if he's still interested in it... but i guess he still is)

personally, i'd prefer to focus the UI work on 1.5svn. there are lot of
tweaks to be done (some of which depend on bigger code base clean up)
and i don't have the feeling that pushing new icons into 1.4 will allow
such a terrific advance in the UI experience.

to me 1.4 is just a long time due stable release which will open the
road to several usability and feature breakthroughs in 1.6 (which
hopefully we won't have to wait for 6 years...).

and it would make me very very very happy, if the announce for 1.4
succeeds in defining a path to excellence leading to scribus 2.0 with
some clear goals which are achievable in a sensible time frame (1 and a
half year per stable release?).

ciao
a.l.e