[scribus-dev] bg colors for headings

Louis Desjardins louis.desjardins at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 15:58:43 CEST 2010

2010/8/5 Ryan <ryancoc at gmail.com>

> is there any way to make white text with a black background that spans the
> width of a column while importing with the text filter? We import a text
> file which is many pages long and has many headings in it. Our headings are
> white text and we make them stand out by putting a black bg color behind it
> the width of the column. Currently in quark we accomplish this by using a
> black line style and then bump it up in behind the white text above it. It
> doesn't appear you can apply a line style to a paragraph style in scribus
> yet, nor can you select to apply a line style while importing with a text
> filter.
>
> Is there any way to accomplish this currently?

Hi Ryan,

We have this bug
http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=1124
still open

It’s a long time feature request and has not been impletemented yet.

There is no current easy workaround to this issue. At least, not that I can
think of. What Owen is suggesting will of course work but it’s not an
automated mean. You’ll have to work this out most manually.

I guess this is not helping you much but at least knowing that we consider
this a must have feature, we should be able to get that down the road in the
future.

Meanwhile, if you find a hack, please let us know! :)

Louis