[scribus-dev] PDF form field naming limitation

Stephan Gauch gauch at struktur.de
Thu Jun 4 11:55:00 CEST 2009

Hello,
I tried out scribus and was very happy of the pdf form field feature but
I can not use it because of the limitations of naming the fields. So it
is not allowed to inlucde a "." in the pdf form fields name.
But I need to do this, because the PDF is filled via an XFDF which
includes nested tags/fields. Could you please remove this limitation for
a future release. Besides could someone please describe where to
find the limitation in the source, so we can make a build ourself.

Greetings