[scribus-dev] scribus compilation error

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Tue Jun 2 09:43:29 CEST 2009

dear ajay,

> I am compiling scribus source code 1.3.3.13 with using QT 3.3.4 on linux.now
> i am getting error in plugins. there is one folder scripter2 which is show
> some file & library (BOOST & PYTHON) which is i am allready installd on my
> computer but i am facing the same problen each and every time. Below is list
> of errors for your information:-
>
> plugins/scriptplugin/scripter2/scripter2_base.cpp:11: error: `boost' has not
> been declared
> plugins/scriptplugin/scripter2/scripter2_base.cpp:11: error: `python' is not
> a namespace-name
> plugins/scriptplugin/scripter2/scripter2_base.cpp:11: error: expected
> namespace-name before ';' token
> plugins/scriptplugin/scripter2/scripter2_base.cpp:43: error: expected
> constructor, destructor, or type conversion before '(' token
> plugins/scriptplugin/scripter2/scripter2_base.cpp: In function `void
> scripter2_init()':
> plugins/scriptplugin/scripter2/scripter2_base.cpp:84: error: `initscribus2'
> was not declared in this scope
> make: *** [scripter2_base.o] Error 1
> [root at localhost scribus]#
>

> Kindly let me know the suitable process to resolve this serious errors. your
> positive response would be higly appreciated.

i guess you are missing the "dev" packages for python and its libraries
(that is the headers of the libraries which are needed to compile other
code against them).

depending on your distribution, those packages will be differently named.

i will also ask you to stop to write to franz and me. just write to the
scribus-dev list: we both read the mails in there!

regards
a.l.e