[scribus-dev] Gettext plugin for XPress Tags import

Andreas Vox avox at arcor.de
Sun Jul 19 16:18:28 CEST 2009

  _____

Von: scribus-dev-bounces at lists.scribus.net
[mailto:scribus-dev-bounces at lists.scribus.net] Im Auftrag von Louis
Desjardins
Gesendet: Sonntag, 19. Juli 2009 14:33
An: Scribus Development Mailing List
Betreff: Re: [scribus-dev] Gettext plugin for XPress Tags import

2009/7/17 Jain Basil Aliyas <jainbasil at fedoraproject.org>

Hi

As a part of my Scribus Project, I've formed a mapping of XPress tags
attributes to Scribus attributes. I am attaching the document with this
mail, please do check out the same. Suggestions on Improving the mapping and
Corrections on the existing document are invited !

Hi Jain Basil !

Great work !

I have 2 questions/comments

1. The 2 last columns have the same header...

2. I understand from your chart that the stylesheets won't be usable from a
tagged document, is this right ? if so, do you think it will be possible to
add that into the mapping possibilities ? I am talking about the
"@stylesheetname=" tag which we use a lot in production.

Hi Louis,

no, "@stylesheetname=" should define a new Scribus style. Wouldn't be any
fun otherwise, right? :-)

How should we handle name collisions?
- keep original Scribus style
- redefine Scribus style with new attributes
- create new Scribus style with a different name
- always prefix all imported styles to keep them separated from normal
Scribus styles

/Andreas