[scribus-dev] Scribus e.V.

"Christoph Schäfer" christoph-schaefer at gmx.de
Sat Sep 13 13:19:11 CEST 2008

> what's about something like having active and passive members?
>
> - active members:
>   - don't pay any (or very little) fee
>   - must be accepted by a commetee (or some other instance)
>   - have voting rights
>   - are persons related to the scribus project
> - passive member
>   - pay a (variable) fee
>   - are almost automatically accepted
>   - have no voting rights (but may make suggestions?)
>   - may be companies or private persons supporting the scribus project

Actually, I see no need for this although other e.V.s handle it that way. We can change the statutes later (ie. next year during our annual meeting), but I suggest not to change anything now, as the review process at the court would have to start anew. I worked with the court employees to create a charter that makes things easy to handle for the time being. If we think we need to change it later, we can do this, but for now I think we should do everything to get this plane off the ground.

As for paying and non-paying members, I originally wrote that Scribus developers don't have to pay any fees, but I concluded that this part can be mentioned in the scale of fees, which we will have to set up during our founding meeting. Since the founding meeting is the first general meeting, we can already list those who won't have to pay any fees, either by name or by category. If those exempt from fees want to pay them anyway, they can donate the money. I'll create a draft for a scale of fees in English and German, so that we have a basis for discussions. Like the statutes and articles, as well as the draft for the application form, I shall post it here before the first meeting.

> on the other hand, i wouldn't use the scribus-ev.* domains, but it's
> imho a very good thing having registred them, in order to avoid any
> squatting! (i would redirect them to something like
> scribus.net/organisation/...)

If you look at KDE, they have a separate page for the organisation (ev.kde.org), which makes sense, IMHO, as many issues, like schedules for meetings, are only related to the e.V., others, like development or documentation, are more related to the project itself. We can easily create links between those two.

Ciao

Christoph
Jetzt dabei sein: http://www.shortview.de/wasistshortview.php?mc=sv_ext_mf@gmx