[scribus-dev] Scribus e.V.

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Fri Sep 12 13:00:31 CEST 2008

buondi
>> So far so good. I only have one question. It's about membership. I only
>> want to know if a company or another non-profit association could become a
>> member?
>>
>> I think we could give it some thoughts.
>>
> Louis, yes, I agree, although I think we need to remove voting rights or
> similar.

what's about something like having active and passive members?

- active members:
  - don't pay any (or very little) fee
  - must be accepted by a commetee (or some other instance)
  - have voting rights
  - are persons related to the scribus project
- passive member
  - pay a (variable) fee
  - are almost automatically accepted
  - have no voting rights (but may make suggestions?)
  - may be companies or private persons supporting the scribus project

on the other hand, i wouldn't use the scribus-ev.* domains, but it's
imho a very good thing having registred them, in order to avoid any
squatting! (i would redirect them to something like
scribus.net/organisation/...)

ciao && thanks to christoph for all the work he has done!
a.l.e