[scribus-dev] Group / Ungroup icons in PP

Louis Desjardins louis.desjardins at gmail.com
Sat Jul 19 15:07:19 CEST 2008

Hi,

In 1.3.4 and 1.3.5 there are 2 new icons in the PP in the XYZ tab : Group
and Ungroup.

Before implementing this into the stable version, I would like to discuss
this.

1. Icons mean mouse clicks and in that particular case I think there is no
need for it. We already have a pull-down menu and we have a keyboard
shortcut. I think this is perfect and I think this is enough. I think that
in clean interface we want to avoid adding things that are well covered
otherwise. Offering more and more will not help keep the interface clean.

2. If we are to keep those icons, then I suggest the tooltip "Destroy the
selected group" be modified so we don't use the word "destroy" which leads
to think that the whole group will disappear... Why not simply "Ungroup" and
"Group" which are both well understood by the vast majority of users?

My 2-cents.

Cheers!

Louis