[scribus-dev] Editable Master Pages

"Christoph Schäfer" christoph-schaefer at gmx.de
Tue Aug 12 16:38:58 CEST 2008

> > So I vote for implementing that and reserving the style-based approach
> > for version 1.5+
>
> It's hard to know if I agree with the assessment, yet nonetheless I like
> it, though I'm worried about this 'high' assessment of learning curve
> for the style-based approach. Hopefully there might still be some basic
> "MPs for Dummies" operations that could be very simply used, like page
> numbering or putting banners on pages.

I think this is nothing to be worried about. As far as I know, Craig plans to implement more text variables after the release of 1.3.5. Moreover, what Andreas described for the first step would only be an addition to the current implementation of master pages.

Christoph

--
Psssst! Schon das coole Video vom GMX MultiMessenger gesehen?
Der Eine für Alle: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/messenger03