[scribus] Scribus version compatibility within 1.5.x branch

Sebastian Stapelberg sebastian.stapelberg at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 14:05:27 UTC 2023

Dear all,

are documents created with Scribus 1.5.8 backwards compatible with
previous versions *within* the 1.5.x branch (in particular 1.5.7) ?
Searching on the web, I only found discussions concerning
incompatibility between 1.5. and 1.4, which is *not* what I am asking about.

The reason for my question is that I wanna send a 1.5.8 sla document to
a friend who uses 1.5.7 and is supposed to make changes to the document.
Afterwards, I want to edit that document with 1.5.8 again. Would that be
"safe" or possibly result in any corrupted sla, or cause content
properties to go missing afterwards?

Thank you very much in advance for any advice!

Best regards
Sebastian