[scribus] PDF Import Plugin Error

Matt Miller matt.miller at fastmail.com
Sun Mar 27 02:24:08 UTC 2022

A few days ago on my Debian bookworm machine I started getting a pop-up warning that the PDF import plugin couldn't load when starting a Scribus executable that was compiled from svn Release_1.5.8. Scribus would continue to run after showing that warning. The warning mentioned that I should try cleaning out plugins from my installation directory. I went ahead and did "make clean" from my build directly, but now Release_1.5.8 won't compile. After building for quite a while I get:

make[2]: *** [scribus/plugins/import/pdf/CMakeFiles/importpdf.dir/build.make:88: scribus/plugins/import/pdf/CMakeFiles/importpdf.dir/importpdf.cpp.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:4325: scribus/plugins/import/pdf/CMakeFiles/importpdf.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:156: all] Error 2

So, this error is also related to the PDF import plugin. How can I resolve this?

The 1.5.8 included with Debian bookworm never has shown this warning, but I'd like the option of running something that I compiled.

Thanks.

--

  Matt Miller
  mailto:matt.miller at fastmail.com