[scribus] Align Text Justified Failing at Bottom of Frame

Matt Miller matt.miller at fastmail.com
Sat Mar 12 22:26:56 UTC 2022

On Sat, Mar 12, 2022, at 01:49, Andreas Mair wrote:
> Hi,
>
> here it looks ok, too. But I don't have that font.
> Maybe you can provide a screenshot?

I intended to include the font in the zip file when I did "Collect for Output." I guess it still requires a manual font install. Anyway, here's a screenshot of pages 4 and 5:

https://test.biblestudy.tools/tmp/La_test_4-5.png

Notice the problem at the bottom of the second column of the left-hand page, and at the bottom of the first column of the right-hand page.

> Some time ago I noticed something that might be your problem:
> justifying the last line doesn't work if the textbox isn't high enough. If
> I enlarge it a bit, it's fine.

That workaround does fix it! Thanks. But, I'm generating over 1,500 documents using scripts (and I'll likely be adding more), so I really need an automated fix. If I adjust the frame height of my templates and regenerate my documents, that seems to move the problem to other locations in other documents. Ideally I'd be a good enough programmer to dive into the Scribus source code, but, I'm not really there. If my Python scripts could detect this and tweak the frame height as-needed I'd be okay with that.

So, for now I'll work on using Python to detect that a line should have been justified but wasn't.