[scribus] text-flow gets changed by 1.5.8

Craig Bradney cbradney at scribus.info
Wed Mar 2 21:27:31 UTC 2022

On 02/03/2022, 18:00, "Andreas Mair" <amair.sob at gmail.com> wrote:

    Hi,

    just what I can tell you:

    - Where can I even see what harfbuzz version is operational in my
    > Scribus installation?

    I opened the dll in a hex editor on Windows.

    - Does Scribus Windows-version even use harfbuzz? Or Linux only?

    It's used in the Windows version.

    And back to our specific problem:

    > - Are you saying that between Scribus 1.5.7 and 1.5.8 a new harfbuzz
    > version HAS been introduced?

    Yes, the Scribus 1.5.7 installer installs harfbuzz 2.8.0, the 1.5.8
    installer will install harfbuzz 3.2.0.

    The switch from harfbuzz 2 to 3 seems to introduce the different text flow.

    Best regards,
    Andreas

Hi

I have now added a new tab in the Scribus about window in both 1.5.x and 1.7.x in that shows the detailed build and library information.

Eg

Scribus Version 1.7.0.svn
Build ID: Mac-64bit-x86_64
SVN Revision: 24976