[scribus] Problem with linked frames

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Fri Jul 15 17:02:29 UTC 2022

On 7/15/22 11:41, Matt Miller wrote:
> You could try Scribus version 1.5.8. Although the 1.4 series is technically the “stable” branch, I think of it more as the “soon to be obsolete” branch. 1.5.x has been effectively stable for a long time, and my recommendation is 1.5.8.

This may help, but there must be something wrong with what you're doing.
One guess is that maybe you've got the links going in the wrong direction.

Here's how to do this -- maybe practice with a new document and two blank text frames.

Select the first frame (the one you want to link FROM).
Select the link icon on the toolbar.
Now select the second frame (to link TO).

Check your result by clicking the link icon again -- you should now see an arrow going from the first frame to the second.

If you still have your failed document, try clicking the link icon and look for the arrow(s) to show linking direction.

Greg