[scribus] Trunk branched for future development work

Craig Bradney cbradney at scribus.info
Sat Jan 29 08:11:53 UTC 2022

On 28/01/2022, 09:10, "Alexandre Prokoudine" <alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com> wrote:

    On Fri, Jan 28, 2022 at 1:55 AM Craig Bradney wrote:

    > For those that use subversion to get Scribus code, please note that we have branched to separate future development.
    >
    > The Version15x branch will be the branch used to finish work on 1.5.x, leading to the 1.6.0 stable release. Once 1.6.0 is released, this will entirely deprecate 1.4.x.
    >
    > Trunk will now be versioned 1.7.x, and move to Qt 6.2 and higher compatibility.

    Is there anything particular except Qt 6.2 support in the roadmap for
    1.7/1.8 presently?

    Alex

Hi Alex

The plan for 1.7.x (.0) is basically Qt6.2 conversion at the moment, along with forward porting changes from 1.5.x. That will run in parallel to the finalization of 1.5.x/1.6.0.
We need Qt 6.x for native M1 CPU support too.  Then we can see what new things we can bring in for features.

Craig