[scribus] search and replace in the story editor

Craig Bradney cbradney at scribus.info
Wed Jan 19 21:13:53 UTC 2022

> On 19 Jan 2022, at 18:51, Martin Zaske LINGO <martin.zaske at lingo-benin.org> wrote:
>
> Hello list,
>
> Scribus has become so good over the years, that now I am just irritated
> by some small details. This is a compliment, we use Scribus a lot and
> have come to appreciate it muchly.
>

> Version is 1.5.7. For a long time, I had trouble seeing the search
> results, when I do "search and replace" in the story editor. The
> highlight used to be "light gray" and now "nothing". (When I do search
> in the main GUI, search hits are clearly marked in white on juicy blue.)
>
> I tried several themes for my Scribus but that did not improve this problem.
>

> Normally, our text is "ready to publish" when we import it into a
> Scribus document. But there are certain pre-flight checks that I prefer
> to do in the story editor. Like searching for double-spaces, or for ugly
> quotes and apostrophes. But a search without seeing the hits is rather
> frustrating.
>

> Please advise if I can myself tweak the colour of search highlight in
> the story editor. Does it affect other users too? Is there a reason why
> the highlight is different in the story editor from a text frame in the
> main GUI?
>

> greetings,
>
> Martin

Hi Martin

I’m not sure what could be affecting your Story Editor. It is a normal Qt widget and not a Scribus canvas widget and so will take theming from the general interface information passed to Scribus/Qt libraries. On mine, its certainly visible.

We used to have colours electability in story editor but it was too often conflicting with dark themes so we remove the customisation and let the user interface standards determine colours.

You could of course back up your preferences and try with new/temporary ones to see if that makes a difference, though I am guessing its not that given we remove the colour setting code some time ago.

thanks
Craig