[scribus] hyphenation

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Sat Jan 15 00:31:18 UTC 2022

On 1/14/22 18:24, Gregory Pittman wrote:
> On 1/14/22 17:42, Javier García Alfaro wrote:
>> Hola Scribus Team;
>> Scribus 1.5.7 doesn't hyphenate words with five syllables or more, in 1.4.8
>> I don't have that problem. Thank you for helping me solve it.
>
> Hola Javier,
>
> Have you tried looking at the hyphenation file and comparing between the two versions?
>
> Greg

You also might try looking at the manual, under Documentation > Setup > Hyphenation and Spellchecking, to make sure you have the settings as you want.
You can also insert soft hyphens in problematic words and see if that helps. I would hope you don't have too many 5-syllable words to work with.

Greg