[scribus] Getting help files for latest version

Craig Bradney cbradney at scribus.info
Wed Feb 9 06:30:59 UTC 2022

> On 9 Feb 2022, at 06:43, Joe Zeff <joe at zeff.us> wrote:
>
> On 2/8/22 22:34, Craig Bradney wrote:
>> Hi Jeff
>
> My name is not "Jeff,"  and I'll thank you not to do that again.

Apologies. Mistakes happen at 6am.

>> Understanding what operating system you are using would help. The help files are included by default on Windows and Mac. Maybe you’re using Linux and they have not been included with your package manager?
>
> Yes, Fedora 35.  I'd expected a pointer to where all versions could  be downloaded but if not, Ill take a pointer to the Linux version.
>
> ___

The help should be included from what I see at https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/scribus. There’s no other Scribus packages for Fedora. Our source files include the help. Otherwise you’d have to download Scribus source tarballs from www.scribus.net via sourceforge and extract them. That really shouldn’t be necessary given it looks like Fedora have not split Scribus into multiple packages. The Help menu should be there when you run Scribus.

Alternatively you could try using the app image package (instead of the system installed one) from the Scribus website.

Craig