[scribus] Resizing entire layouts

Silvain Dupertuis silvain-dupertuis at bluewin.ch
Wed Aug 17 15:13:34 UTC 2022

As for me,

at least with the same aspect-ratio, I would not try and do this within Scribus, but
rather at the level of PDF.

  * use *one base Scribus file* in one of the selected page sizes (the largest one,
    preferably)
  * export to PDF
  * resize the PDF output using print to PDF (works only with a fixed aspect ratio!)

A second option would be to export to PDF from the main document

  * as separate pages
  * put these PDF pages into image frames in a Scribus blank document with a different
    page size
  * these frames and their content can be adjusted at will
  * if the aspect ratio is changed, rather than changing the proportions, you could some
    margins and keep the same aspect ratio for these frames.
  * exporting this new Scribus file to PDF (be sure to check the option «embed PDF and EPS»)

I have used a similar procedure as this second option to impose brochures on double-pages
for the printing shop...

Silvain

--
Silvain Dupertuis