[scribus] Importing Pages with Text Frame Chain

Matt Miller matt.miller at fastmail.com
Sat Apr 16 18:22:53 UTC 2022

I'm trying use importPage() to replace selected pages with pages from another document, but the document I'm importing from uses a text frame chain. It seems that since the text in the other document is associated with a frame chain and not with any particular frame, I'm not able to import a page from somewhere in the middle of the other document and get in my new document the text that would show in that page of the other doc. As far as I can tell from the XML it's not stored in the .sla what text is in each frame, but all the text of the entire chain is just stored as a single piece of text.

I'm thinking of opening the other document, using getFrameText() to copy from the desired page of the other document, then using insertText() to paste into my new document, But each page could have multiple frames to copy and paste from, so that's more complex than a page import. I'm wondering if there's some way to do this at the page level, without looping over all the objects on a page.

Thanks.

--

  Matt Miller
  mailto:matt.miller at fastmail.com