[scribus] Scribus becoming un-useable with a magazine

Colin Madwolf colin at madwolf.co.uk
Thu Oct 14 13:31:28 UTC 2021

Hi Guys

I am struggling, I am up against a deadline (who isn’t in this business) and Scribus is giving me the spinning beachball every time I do anything - I can send a screen video of it if you like.  But counting it takes 15 seconds before any mouse click has an action.  Even bringing up a dialogue box causes the ball to appear and about 5 seconds delay before the window is populated.

48pp A4 magazine with a lot of images.   I have played with different image cache setting but nothing seems to make any difference. I even disabled cache and that made no difference

Neither does untick ‘SHOW IMAGES’ in the view menu

Any ideas would be gratefully received

IMac 27” 2017 3.5GHz Intel Core i5  28GB RAM.    Scribus 1.5.7

kind  regards
Colin

                                    MadWolf  Design            ~#*#"¬
                            C  o  r  p  o  r  a  t  e       I  m  a  g  i  n  g
Graphic Design :: Photography :: Large Format Digital Printing :: Publishing
                   Image scanning & Manipulation :: Web Services
_               www.madwolf.co.uk <applewebdata://4926A9C6-35A6-474C-9163-B43DD91340EC/www.madwolf.co.uk>                   colin at madwolf.co.uk <mailto:colin at madwolf.co.uk>