[scribus] tried to compile scribus under GNU Linux Debian 10

Mattia Rizzolo mattia at mapreri.org
Wed May 19 20:56:30 UTC 2021

On Wed, May 19, 2021 at 09:54:22PM +0200, dude wrote:
> well you shurely can provide a solution instead of snarky comments

I haven't read your build log, but: scribus 1.5.7 requires Qt 5.14,
which is not available in Debian 10.  Same for scribsu 1.5.6, which
requires Qt 5.12, also not available.

>From a quick lock, I'd say the latest scribus version that is possible
to (trivially) compile on debian 10 is scribus 1.5.5, but you can't
straight up take the debian package without changes because the package
name of openscenegraph changed (but I suppose this doesn't matter much
to you since I see you are not building the debian package itself, but
just manually calling cmake, so you would bypass that problem).

So, try after cloning the debian git repository to:
    git checkout debian/1.5.5+dfsg-6
and cmake there. that should give you something that at least has a
chance to fulfil it's dependencies.

--
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo