[scribus] Turn Off “Automatic Text Frames”

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Mon Mar 29 20:02:35 UTC 2021

On 3/29/21 3:47 PM, Matt Miller wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 29, 2021, at 12:11, Matt Miller wrote:
>> When I created my document I did Ctrl/n and selected the “Automatic
>> Text Frames” option.  Now I’d like to turn that off, but I don't see
>> how to do that.  How do I turn that off?
>
> I found AUTOMATIC=1 in the .sla.  should I just use a text editor to remove that?

I was just in the process of writing you a reply. Yes, that's the key to what you want to do. In between BOOK="0" and AUTOSPALTEN="1" will be AUTOMATIC="1" only if the document is set for automatic text frames. Just delete the entire 'AUTOMATIC="1"', then save your file. This should not disrupt any of the content you already have in the file.

Greg