[scribus] indesign versus indesign

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer at gmx.de
Fri Mar 12 00:15:35 UTC 2021

> Gesendet: Donnerstag, 11. März 2021 um 23:14 Uhr
> Von: "Dave Johnson" <davefilms.us at gmail.com>
> Betreff: Re: [scribus] indesign versus indesign
>
> The pointer that is used for “Text.”
>
> On Thu, Mar 11, 2021 at 08:19 Gregory Pittman <gpittman at iglou.com> wrote:
>
> > On 3/10/21 9:28 PM, Tarvo Kaspar Toome wrote:
> > > hello, is there any reason why texttool works the way it does in scribus?
> >
> > Hi Tarvo,
> >
> > I don't know what you mean by "texttool". There is nothing by that name in
> > Scribus.
> >
> > Greg

My guess is that text frames and the mouse pointer are handled differently in Scribus and InDesign. In Scribus you use the text frame tool to create a frame. To edit or insert text, you need to double-click on the frame; to exit the editing mode, you need to click somewhere else on the canvas or press ESC. In ID you click on the text tool, create a frame, and the latter is in editing mode by default. As long as the text tool is selected, you can jump for editing between different text frames without having to double-click another one. To leave the editing mode, you have to either switch to the the select tool or press ESC.

Two different approaches, but both equally legitimate.

Christoph