[scribus] URL - import text

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Mon Mar 8 17:42:01 UTC 2021

On 3/8/21 12:02 PM, Gregory Pittman wrote:
> On 3/8/21 9:18 AM, Török Árpád wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I have a small problem. I usually import odf files into (Scribus 1.5.6.1) text frames, as it is easier to do the necessary formatting in LibreOffice. I realised, that the URL does not come though - no problemo -, but the texts disappears, too.
>>
>> I do not know, if it is an error, or a feature?
>>

> Hi,
>
> I would say it's neither an error nor a feature -- just something that hasn't been implemented (yet).

What you can do so that the text of the URL will appear in Scribus is to right-click the link in LibreOffice Writer, then choose Remove hyperlink from the context menu. Then when you save the file, Scribus will import the text of the URL.

The method for creating a link in Scribus involves creating a Link Annotation frame.

Greg