[scribus] spell checker Scribus1.5.6.1

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Fri Mar 5 23:21:11 UTC 2021

On 3/5/21 4:30 PM, Phil Tomlinson wrote:
> Thanks Greg
>
> I have set earlier the language to English when the default showed German
> dut that language is still the default in the checker. I have tried several
> things but my lack is success led me to this post

Hi Phil,

I can't find anywhere some place that saves a particular language for spell checking, separate from the language setting in Preferences.

You might try going to the .config/scribus folder in your home directory, and moving or renaming the prefs150.xml and scribus150.rc files, then start Scribus and use Preferences to set the language. Then go to your file and see what happens with spell checker. Look in Document Setup to see what language is set for the document.

Greg