[scribus] getAllText Sometimes Failing

Matt Miller matt.miller at fastmail.com
Thu Mar 4 01:38:21 UTC 2021

I've attached a test case that seems to show that getAllText() is sometimes succeeding and sometimes failing. When it fails it doesn't throw an error, but it just retrieves a string of length 1, instead of retrieving the actual text of the chain. I see this on 1.5.6.1 and 1.5.7.svn, in both Linux and Windows.

To run the test open the .sla and from the script menu execute chapter_heading_style.py.  The text frame name "debug" at the very top will contain the word "Error" if the getAllText() call in the script fails.  What I see is that it works fine the first time, then it fails on every subsequent try, until I alter something on the document.  For example, if I grab and move the "debug" text frame a bit then getAllText() will succeed once, and then fail repeatedly again.  Saving and reopening the document also causes the script to work again the first time.

Thanks.

--

  Matt Miller
  mailto:matt.miller at fastmail.com