[scribus] SVG inlined as a text glyph

JLuc jluc at no-log.org
Fri Jun 18 10:12:56 UTC 2021

Le 14/06/2021 à 07:39, Jean-François Lemaire a écrit :
> On Friday, 11 June 2021 13:34:04 CEST JLuc wrote:
>> Today again i was pleased to import a simple SVG icon as a vector file
>> copy it and then paste it inside a text frame.
>> It then behaves as a text glyph
>> and notably i could use the "advanced parameters" of the text properties
>> palette so as to position it slightly more up or down the base line.
> I didn't know this was possible in Scribus. That's good to know. Thanks for
> this bit of info JL.

Thanks for the feedback.
When having such an embeded object,
(be it an image, a svg or a group of objects)
I've long had issues entering its edit mode
(si as to edit the embeded object).
It required several frustrating blind attempts before success,
until recently i found a reproducible way to do it :
- edit the containing text frame, have an *empty* text selection
- place the carret in the text immediately *before* the embeded object you want to edit
- double click on the embeded object
Here you go !
It looks so simple :-)
And it is really simple once the trick is known.

JL