[scribus] Use XRite color probe on recent Ubuntu

JLuc jluc at no-log.org
Thu Jul 15 14:28:29 UTC 2021

Le 15/07/2021 à 13:33, Sveinn í Felli a écrit :
> Have you looked at the Argyll CMS ? Think it works with the colord-deamon, usually present in the *buntu distros.
> The dispcalgui package is its graphical interface.
> I have a Spider3, works mostly as a charm with Argyll.

Hello

I managed to install displayCal using its flatpak version :
https://flathub.org/apps/details/net.displaycal.DisplayCAL

I could run displayCal.
The "i1Display studio" seems to be compatible with the "i1Display Pro".

But it couldnt install the created profile due to
"Dispwin: Error - We don't have access to the VideoLUT for clearing".
I found out, according to some forums, that it's because wayland doesnt do any color management.
This is corroborated by articles and discussions as
https://www.collabora.com/news-and-blog/blog/2020/11/19/developing-wayland-color-management-and-high-dynamic-range/
and https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/wayland/wayland-protocols/-/merge_requests/14
but i wonder then : when wayland doesnt manage color,
what use is that system settings dialog that asks for a screen profile when i switch the probe's USB plug ?

So, displayCal created a icc profile and could not install it,
BUT i could install it using that system dialog.

As for now i dont see any differences...
I have to study the effects of that profile now
and get scribus to use it.

JLuc