[scribus] Problems installing on Mac

Sue Diver sue.y.diver at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 14:40:09 UTC 2021

Hi Both,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I’ve checked out the link to the wiki and the system security settings. I’m afraid that Apple now only has two options for download/installation and they are only to allow from the App Store or to allow from the App Store or Apple approved developers. It says it won’t let me install because Scribus are not Apple approved developers!

I thought this was only the case on mobile devices but it seems not! Do you know of a way around this?

Best regards

Sue

Sent from my iPhone

On 19 Jan 2021, at 11:44, Craig Bradney <cbradney at scribus.info> wrote:

Please go into system security preferences and you will likely have a message there asking you to allow Scribus to run.

Craig

> On 19 Jan 2021, at 00:27, Gregory Pittman <gpittman at iglou.com> wrote:
>
> On 1/18/21 5:52 PM, Sue Diver wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I’ve been recommended to use Scribus for desktop publishing but when I attempt to download it to my Mac (running Big Sur 11.1) although the file downloads when I try to open the file I get the message
>>
>> “Scribus” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software.
>> This software needs to be updated. Contact the developer for more information.
>> This item is on the disk image “scribus-1.5.6.1.dmg”. Chrome downloaded this disk image today at 22:33 from sourceforge.net.
>>
>> Please could you advise what I need to do?
>>

> Hi Sue,
>
> I'm not a Mac user but here is a link to the Wiki:
>
> https://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/OS_X_-_Installing_Scribus_on_your_Mac_the_easy_way
>
> If that doesn't help there will surely be a Mac user to answer your question more specifically.
>
> Greg
>

> ___
> Edit your options or unsubscribe:
> See also: