[scribus] Scribus 1.4.8 for Ubuntu 20.04 LTS

Mattia Rizzolo mattia at mapreri.org
Sun Feb 21 16:42:59 UTC 2021

Hi!

Since quite a few people asked me to do so, I forwarded-port Qt 4.8 to
Ubuntu 20.04 LTS (focal), and build scribus 1.4.8 against it.

I mailed the last person that asked me to do so, but I haven't got an
answer for it, so I'm sharing it with the wider community, maybe
somebody is intersted.

Here it is:
https://launchpad.net/~mapreri/+archive/ubuntu/scribus

If anybody tries it and confirms to me that indeed it works as expected
and solves their needs, I'll copy it to… maybe a new ppa:scribus/1.4.x.

Note that I have kept "scribus" as package name, so it kind of conflicts
with the one from the official archive; to avoid being "updated" to
1.5.5 you need to use some apt pinning.  Or somebody should suggest me
what name to give to the package name so that it's coinstallable with
1.5.5. :)

--
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo