[scribus] Keep Two Adjacent Words One Space Width Apart

Silvain Dupertuis silvain-dupertuis at bluewin.ch
Mon Feb 15 08:08:30 UTC 2021

Yes, something like U+2009 THIN SPACE can be used.
I did a test file to check.
Two thin spaces look very much like a normal space without justification.

In Scribus, though, depending on the font, those special spaces might not be available
through Insert > Spaces & Breaks (for example, they are all available with Liberation
Serif, but only non-breakable space is available with Times New Roman or Arial).

In that case, you can temporarily change the font to one which allows you to insert your
thin spaces, then revert to your font. It will still work.
Alternatively, you can insert them using the Unicode code, or copy-paste from a table of
characters. The details to do this depend on your operating system...

--
Silvain Dupertuis
Route de Lausanne 335