[scribus] 1.5.7 Appimage won't Extract

Owen owen.cook at gmx.com
Tue Aug 31 10:15:43 UTC 2021

I am not sure I understand exactly what you want, but;

There is a file called BUILDING in the source, in part it reads;

Install the below packages BEFORE running CMake or compiling Scribus:

Requirements:
    Qt >= 5.14.0
        Freetype >= 2.1.7 (2.3.x strongly recommended)
        cairo >= 1.14.x
        harfbuzz = > 0.9.42
        libicu
        libjpeg (depending on how Qt is packaged)
        libpng >= 1.6.0
        libtiff >= 3.6.0
        libxml2 >= 2.6.0
        LittleCMS (liblcms) >= 2.0 (2.1+ recommended)
        poppler and poppler-cpp >= 0.62.0

Recommended:
        CUPS
        Fontconfig >= 2.0
        GhostScript >= 8.0 (9.0+ or greater preferred)
        Python >= 3.6
        tkinter for the font sampler script
        python-imaging for the font sampler preview
        pkgconfig (to assist finding other libraries)
        hunspell for the spell checker
        podofo - 0.7.0+ for enhanced Illustrator AI/EPS import, svn versions
        boost and boost-devel
        GraphicksMagick++

As an aside, from my own build;

owen at DTU:~$ objdump -p Scribus156/bin/scribus |grep NEEDED
  NEEDED               libcairo.so.2
  NEEDED               libQt5Xml.so.5
  NEEDED               libQt5Network.so.5
  NEEDED               libQt5PrintSupport.so.5
  NEEDED               libcups.so.2
  NEEDED               libfreetype.so.6
  NEEDED               libharfbuzz-icu.so.0
  NEEDED               libharfbuzz.so.0
  NEEDED               libicuuc.so.66
  NEEDED               libtiff.so.5
  NEEDED               libpng16.so.16
  NEEDED               libz.so.1
  NEEDED               libjpeg.so.8
  NEEDED               libGraphicsMagick-Q16.so.3
  NEEDED               libfontconfig.so.1
  NEEDED               libdl.so.2
  NEEDED               liblcms2.so.2
  NEEDED               libpodofo.so.0.9.6