[scribus] Download

Kevin Cole dc.loco at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 19:03:13 UTC 2021

On Fri, Aug 20, 2021 at 2:30 PM Joe Zeff <joe at zeff.us> wrote:

> On 8/20/21 11:40 AM, Gregory Pittman wrote:
> > The Linux versions on Sourceforge require building Scribus, so you have
> to be prepared to do that. Another option is the AppImage, but you have to
> be set up to do that.
>
> Or, if you use Fedora as I do, download and install the rpm from the
> repository.  I'm almost sure that Ubuntu has it available as an apt, as
> well.  Not only that, but doing it this way allows you to keep it
> current just by updating your system.

Yup.

*sudo apt install scribus*

(which will install 1.5.5 on Focal 20.04 LTS, as well as the dependency
*scribus-data*)

Also available: *scribus-doc* (which I suspect most can guess the contents
of) and *scribus-template* which describes itself as:

*Additional scribus templates*

*These templates are distributed in addition to the three example templates

--
Physical
[image: [Photo: Kevin Cole]]