[scribus] python script result

JLuc jluc at no-log.org
Wed Apr 21 07:56:43 UTC 2021

Le 21/04/2021 à 01:00, Gregory Pittman a écrit :
> On 4/20/21 5:15 PM, JLuc wrote:
> I would say just experiment.
> If a Scribus script writes to a file, what does a shell script say when it reads the file?
> You could write the python so that it saves str(value), though when the shell script reads the file, that may not make any difference.
> On the other hand, when python reads a file, it reads numbers as strings, so you have to convert to use them as a number in python.

I also tried outputing that string to a file.
I started with the sample files on the wiki :
https://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Export_all_text

But i kept having issues :
the "except Exception, e:" syntax looks wrong
i had to change it to  "    except Exception as e:"
and then it works fine.
I'm not at ease enough with python so as to fix it in the wiki
(all the more since there are several python versions).

Allthough i now got a shell-only script to do it,
I also tried a page-count file-export scribus-python script :

#!/usr/bin/env python
# -*- coding: utf-8 -*-
import scribus
pagenum = scribus.pageCount()
T=[]
T.append('pagecount=' + str(pagenum) + '\n\n')
output_file = open('pagecount.txt', 'w')
output_file.writelines(T)
output_file.close()

But i got this error :

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<string>", line 11, in <module>
   File "<string>", line 8, in <module>
OSError: [Errno 30] Système de fichiers accessible en lecture seulement: 'pagecount.txt'
(EN : "read-only file : 'pagecount.txt'")

Do you see what's wrong here ?
JLuc