[scribus] Some Suggestions for Improvement

ale rimoldi ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Fri Oct 30 10:12:47 UTC 2020

hi tobias

> > > *(2) Adding Further OpenType Features*
> > > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_typographic_features
> >
> > do you know a font that has those features?
>
> Probably no font has all those features. But I have attached a
> LO-Writer document that names and uses fonts which have those
> features. (Hint: Minion Pro is not a completely free font. You can
> get it by getting the Adobe Reader – this way, it is only free for
> private use. I don’t know a completely free font that has the
> Contextual Swash feature.)
>
> > i think it might help the developers to have a .sla file with sample
> > text that uses those features, …
>
> Is a Writer document, as I attached one, what you meant? Because I
> can of course not show and use these features in a .sla file, since
> Scribus doesn’t have these features.

i could see the stylistic alternates with linux libertine O in libre
office and could not get it in scribus

that seems to be a free font that shows the issue.

can you please upload the odt file to the bug tracker with a
description of your request?

https://bugs.scribus.net

... or comment in https://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=16292 ... it
looks very similar to your request...