[scribus] Odd font issue

Jonas Bechtel post at jbechtel.de
Fri Oct 23 06:29:18 UTC 2020

On Thu, 22 Oct 2020 20:53:53 -0600
Joe Zeff <joe at zeff.us> wrote with subject
"Re: [scribus] Odd font issue":

> They're in the standard font folder where they've been since I
> installed Fedora on this laptop, and all other programs find them.

So then go to a console and type following command:

LANG=C FC_DEBUG=1032 scribus 2>&1 | grep -vE "^`echo -e "\t"`[^A-Z]" | grep -v 'Pattern has' | grep -vE '^.?w?.?$'

Make sure the console can hold > 1000 lines, this is configurable somewhere. If not, add following to the command, so that you can navigate with PageUp/PageDown: | less

I see scribus 1.5.4 loading my fonts 2 times. Looks like (short version):
        Scanning config dir /etc/fonts/conf.d
        Scanning config dir /usr/share/fontconfig/conf.avail
        Scanning config file from /usr/share/fontconfig/conf.avail/11-lcdfilter-legacy.conf
        Scanning config file from /usr/share/fontconfig/conf.avail/11-lcdfilter-legacy.conf done
        Scanning config file from /usr/share/fontconfig/conf.avail/11-lcdfilter-light.conf
        Scanning config file from /usr/share/fontconfig/conf.avail/11-lcdfilter-light.conf done
adding fonts from /usr/share/fonts
adding fonts from /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts
cache scan dir /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts
adding fonts from /usr/local/share/fonts
adding fonts from /usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/fonts/type1/bitstrea
adding fonts from /usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/fonts/type1/catharsis
FontSet 2146 of 2176

Is your font folder under the folders listed?

BR
 Jonas